blinkx Partners with the Financial Times Adding Top Quality Business News and Information to Video Search Index
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.-March 21, 2007-, blinkx (www.blinkx.com), the largest video search engine on the Web, today announced a content agreement with the Financial Times. Under the terms of the deal, exclusive video interviews and podcasts featuring business leaders, expert commentators and writers from FT.com will be indexed and searchable at www.blinkx.com.
“Many people turn to the Financial Times newspaper and website for top notch coverage of business news and information,” said Suranga Chandratillake, founder and CTO, blinkx. “We’re honored to partner with them and add their exclusive multimedia content to the blinkx index, making it searchable for all.”
“The goal of our online video and audio programming is to give users unique ways to stay informed. By offering video interviews and podcasts on FT.com, we offer deeper insight into the world of global business and its leading executives and commentators. This partnership allows us to give users even further access to this informative content,” said Stephen Pinches, FT.com Product Manager.
blinkx is the world’s most comprehensive video search engine. Today, blinkx has indexed more than 7,000,000 hours of audio, video, viral and TV content, and made it fully searchable and available on demand. blinkx’s founders set out to solve a significant challenge - as TV and Garage Video on the Web explode, keyword-based search technologies only scratch the surface. blinkx’s patented search technologies listen to - and even see - the Web, helping users enjoy a breadth and accuracy of search results not available elsewhere. In addition, blinkx powers the video search for many of the world’s most frequented sites. blinkx is a privately-held company based in San Francisco and London. More information is available at www.blinkx.com.
About Financial Times
The Financial Times Group, one of the world’s leading business information companies, aims to provide a broad range of business information and services to the growing audience of internationally minded business people. The FT Group includes:
1. The Financial Times, one of the world’s leading business newspapers, is recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. Providing extensive news, comment and analysis, the newspaper is printed in 23 cities across the globe, has a daily circulation of 440,000 and a readership of more than 1.4 million people worldwide.
2. FT.com is one of the world’s leading business information websites, and the internet partner of the FT newspaper. Since its relaunch in May 2002, the website has continued to be the definitive home for business intelligence on the web, providing an essential source of news, comment, data and analysis for the global business community. FT.com attracts 5.5 million unique monthly users (ABC electronic figures March 06), generating 41 million page views and has 90,000 subscribers.
3. The FT Group’s pan-European network of national business newspapers and online services including France’s leading business newspaper and website, Les Echos and lesechos.fr. In February 2000, the FT launched a new German language newspaper, FT Deutschland, with a fully integrated online business news and data service.
4. Through FT Interactive Data, the FT Group is one of the world’s leading sources of securities pricing and specialist financial information to global institutional, professional and individual investors. Its products include eSignal, an online realtime streaming quotation service for brokers and active traders.
5. FT Business, which produces specialist information on the retail, personal and institutional finance industries. It publishes the UK’s premier personal finance magazine, Investors Chronicle, and The Banker, Money Management and Financial Adviser for professional advisers.
6. The Mergermarket Group, whose products and services provide the global advisory and corporate communities with intelligence and analysis. With regional head offices in London, New York and Hong Kong and 200 journalists in 46 locations worldwide, reliable and validated proprietary intelligence and historical data is provided via the mergermarket, dealReporter, Debtwire and wealthmonitor on-line platforms.
7. The Financial Times Group also has a stake in a number of joint ventures, including;
o FTSE International, a joint venture with the London Stock Exchange.
o Vedomosti, Russia’s leading business newspaper and a partnership venture with Dow Jones and Independent Media
o A 50% stake in BDFM, publishers of South Africa’s leading financial newspapers and websites.
o A 50% stake in The Economist Group, which publishes the world’s leading weekly business and current affairs journal.
o A 13.85% stake in Business Standard, one of India’s leading financial newspapers.
The FT Group is part of Pearson plc, the international media group.
+1 (415) 321 1894
44 207 873 3119