RHYTHMONE RELEASES “PROGRAMMATIC INSIGHTS REPORT – SPOTLIGHT ON QUALITY” UPDATE FOR JUNE-SEPTEMBER 2017
New Report Highlights Quality Trends and Best Practices Based on Data from RhythmOne’s Programmatic Platform
London, England and San Francisco, CA. — 17 November 2017 – RhythmOne plc (LSE AIM: RTHM), a global advertising technology company, today announces the release of the latest installment of its “Programmatic Insights Report – Spotlight on Quality.” Based on an analysis of the 2.7 trillion average monthly ad opportunities RhythmOne’s programmatic platform processed from June to September, the report provides insight into quality trends and blocking rates by device, ad size, type, and IAB category.
Leveraging RhythmGuard, RhythmOne’s proprietary brand safety technology that filters underperforming or suspicious traffic before it reaches the marketplace, RhythmOne’s report provides a unique perspective about where and why quality shifts are occurring across its significant supply footprint, and offers guidance to advertisers and brands when optimizing their advertising programs and measuring success.
Summary of Findings and Insights
The findings in this report are largely in line with trends noted in the previous (May-March) installment, with a few shifts.
- Video and banner blocking rates during this period were similar (36% vs. 35%, respectively), a shift from last period owing to additional video verification enhancements made to RhythmGuard
- Non-standard ad sizes – especially in video – were blocked far less frequently than standard sizes (16% vs. 43%), making a case for “thinking outside the box” for programmatic executions
- Desktop blocking rates continued to outpace mobile (46% on average vs. 28%), led by lower blocking rates on in-app mobile inventory
- Retail and consumer products experienced the highest blocking rates across IAB categories, which correlates to higher volumes and seasonality
- With volumes growing in RhythmOne’s Private Marketplace deals (1.28 trillion per month, on average), this buying method is emerging as a strong conduit to high-quality, premium supply
- Ads.txt continued to provide a means for content owners to declare authorized sellers of their inventory and eliminate fraudsters misrepresenting supply to advertisers
“The latest installment of our ‘Spotlight on Quality’ programmatic report gives advertisers and brands clarity into how and where we’re seeing fraud within our marketplace,” said James Murphy, VP, Programmatic at RhythmOne. “We’ve developed this report to demonstrate our commitment to quality and transparency within the supply chain, and to empower our partners with trends and insights that will help them to understand the dynamics of maintaining a quality supply footprint. It also offers best practices for evaluating supply partners, developing campaign tactics, and measuring success.”
For more information and to download the complete June-September 2017 “Programmatic Insights Report – Spotlight on Quality,” visit https://www.rhythmone.com/rhythmbuzz/insights/2017-programmatic-insights-report-update.
RhythmOne provides streamlined, transparent connections between advertisers and audiences through a combination of differentiated supply, innovative technology and data-driven insights. Founded in 2004 in the UK, the Company pioneered Internet video search and works with digital advertisers, publishers and content providers to offer fully integrated, cross-screen solutions that span desktop and mobile video, rich media, display, social and native advertising. Through its fully integrated programmatic platform, RhythmMax, the Company represents digital advertising inventory across owned, controlled and extended supply sources. The RhythmMax platform includes unique brand safety technology, RhythmGuard, which combines leading third-party verification and proprietary filtering technologies to ensure inventory quality in brand safe environments. RhythmOne’s end-to-end platform provides more direct, efficient and effective connections, driving ROI for advertisers and publishers. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, United States with offices in the US, UK, Europe, APAC and Canada. For more information, please visit www.rhythmone.com.
For further information, please contact:
Analyst and Investor Contact